Do you use your laptop daily? Are you tired of dealing with the laptop mouse pad that constantly loses its sensitivity and control? Are you shopping for a new mouse? If you answered “yes” to all three questions, you’ve come to the right place.
The thing is that there are many laptop mice that are cheap and good-looking, but they have a tendency to create stressful and irritating situations.
That’s why we’ve put together a chart showing the best options available for you to choose the best laptop mouse for a stress-free and effortless working environment.
Top 10 Laptop Mice Overview Chart
|1. AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver (Black)||Wireless, Optical||$$||4.5|
|2. Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 with Designed-For-Web Scrolling - Red||Wireless, Optical||$$$||4.5|
|3. SHARKK® Compact High-Precision Wireless Optical Mouse for Laptops and PC's.||Wireless, Optical||$||4.5|
|4. Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse||Wireless, Laser||$$$$||4.3|
|5. TeckNet Nano Cordless Optical Mouse M002 2.4 GHz, Grey||Wireless, Optical||$||4.3|
|6. JETech® M0770 2.4Ghz Wireless Mobile Optcal Mouse||Wireless, Optical||$||4.3|
|7. Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - Black||Wireless, Optical||$$$||4.3|
|8. Logitech V220 Cordless Optical Mouse||Wireless, Optical||$$||4.3|
|9. SHARKK® Wireless Computer Mouse High Precision Optical Mouse||Wireless, Optical||$$||4.2|
|10. Nano 2.4G Wireless Optical Mouse with DPI Switch (Black)||Wireless, Optical||$||3.5|
Optical vs Laser Mice
- The technology used in Laser and Optical mice are very similar as both consist of a light emitter and a light detector. Laser mouse has laser as the light emitter while Optical mouse has LED lights, thus making laser mouse the most sensitive mouse available to laptop users.
- Laser mice have a higher DPI (they are able to track more dots per inch) than Optical mice. DPI is basically what makes precise scanning of mouse movement. Although this is more of an issue of the past as both Laser and Optical mice are now able to hit high DPI numbers, making it almost impossible for an average user to tell the difference.
- Laser mice offer better flexibility as they work on nearly every surface, whereas Optical mice may have trouble tracking on black or shiny surfaces. Although some Laser mice have trouble on some tissues, where the Optical works better.
- The laser uses less power and is ultra-sensitive to any movement, thus lags in mouse on-screen movement happen very rarely. It is important to keep in mind that only professional gamers or graphic designers benefit from the extreme sensitivities offered by Laser mice. So if you’re looking for a mouse to simply offer you a stress-free and effortless working environment, Optical — is your best laptop mouse.
Wireless vs Wired Mice
- Wireless mice have gotten better and better over the past few years, which means you don’t really have to worry about their past issues, i.e. slower response time or error-prone signal.
- However, since Wireless mice generally have an on/off switch and are operated by battery, you need to recharge their batteries every once in a while.
- In order to work, a Wireless mouse has a receiver attached to your laptop that transmits to the mouse. USB receivers come in a wide variety of sizes, with a Nano receiver being the smallest.
- Wired mice are plugged directly into the USB port of your laptop, keyboard or even your computer monitor. Normally, the length of the wire is sufficient for using the mouse within the area around your desktop. And since Wired mice don’t have batteries and obtain power from your device, you don’t have to worry about charging it. But the disadvantage is obvious: they tend to tangle and make a mess on your desk.
Top 3 Best Laptop Mouse Reviews
Smooth, quick and affordable wireless optical 3-button mouse with Nano receiver is simply the best choice for your laptop.
AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse has a graceful feel to it with a pleasant rubber surface on top. Just insert the batteries, plug in the Nano receiver, and your reliable mouse is ready to use!
The advantage of this mouse is that the Nano receiver can be stored inside the mouse between the batteries for transport or storage, when normally it simply stays in your laptop’s USB port.
AmazonBasics Mouse moves easily with or without a mouse pad. The wheel turns with just about the right amount of resistance. There is no ‘jitter’ when moving the mouse, as is the case with some wireless mice. Its scroll wheel allows for fast, precise and effortless browsing and navigating through your work.
Both very attractive and functional, Logitech Wireless Mouse M325 makes your hand feel awesome and in control with its contoured shape and textured rubber grips.
Although the mouse looks chubby in the pictures, it is actually quite compact and provides a comfortable experience.
Logitech M325 mouse offers you a reliable wireless connection thanks to its tiny Logitech Unifying Nano receiver that can stay in your laptop.
The mouse is designed for effortless Internet browsing and scrolling, which makes everything you do online much more easier and lovely.
While the weight of the mouse is well-balanced, the accuracy is remarkable, and the wireless transmitter is very convenient, Logitech M325 has up to 18 months of battery life.
SHARKK® Compact High-Precision Wireless Optical Mouse is a lightweight mouse with compact design, which makes it perfect for use anywhere you want.
The mouse includes pre-programmed “Forward”/”Back” navigation buttons and offers a high-precision optical tracking and adjustable DPI settings.
With its quick response time and adjustable speeds, SHARKK® Compact mouse offers you a secure and precise experience with a working distance of up to 32 feet.
The mouse slides quite smoothly over different surfaces, including wood, fabric, paper, and a standard mouse pad.
The mouse also has an auto power-off function that switches off your mouse when the Nano receiver is disconnected, or the laptop is turned off in order to provide a long battery life.
Although for some user the auto power-off switch might be a little bit irritating as the mouse puts itself to sleep after some minutes of inactivity. To wake it back up you simply need to click.