If you’re a professional graphic designer and looking for a laptop to satisfy all your designery needs, then this article will come in handy. A best laptop for graphic design should consist of a powerful and fast processor, high resolution, high RAM and very importantly a color-accurate display.
There are so many options available that it might overwhelm you. But don’t worry! We’ve put together a chart below in order to help you find the best of the best.
Top 10 Laptops for Graphic Design Complete Chart
|Picture||Name||Screen Size||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Acer Aspire V17 Nitro||17.3"||$$$$||4.8|
|2. Lenovo Z70 17.3-Inch Laptop (80FG0037US) Black||17.3"||$$$||4.6|
|3. Apple 15" MacBook Pro, Retina, Touch Bar, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core||15.4"||$$$$$||4.5|
|4. Toshiba CB35-B3340 13.3-Inch Chromebook 2 (Full-HD Screen)||13.3"||$||4.4|
|5. ASUS ROG G750JM 17-Inch Gaming Laptop (OLD VERSION)||17.3"||$$$$||4.2|
|6. MSI GE70 Apache Pro-012 17.3-Inch Laptop||17.3"||$$$$||4.2|
|7. ASUS Transformer Book 12-Inch T200TA-C1-BL 2-in-1 Detachable Touchscreen Laptop||11.6"||$$||4.0|
|8. HP ENVY 15t i7-4710HQ Quad Core Notebook Laptop PC||15.6"||$$$||3.8|
|9. ASUS N550JK-DS71T 15.6" FHD Touchscreen Aluminum Laptop||15.6"||$$$||3.8|
|10. Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 15.6-Inch Laptop (Metal - Dusk Black)||15.6"||$$$||3.5|
Windows, Chrome OS and Apple iOS
- Attention Adobe users (read: Photoshop users), Chrome OS doesn’t support Adobe, which is a major turn-off for graphic designers. Windows and Apple iOS, on the other hand, does support Adobe, which means that these operating systems are preferred in one of the best laptops for graphic design. Although not all hope is lost with Chrome OS, as you can use for example Pixlr Touch Up (for photo editing), Magisto and WeVideo (for video editing).
- And the list of Chrome OS’ flaws doesn’t just end with Adobe, it also has less space on the hard drive compared to Windows and Mac computers. For example, HP Chromebook 14 has 16GB of local storage, plus the additional 15GB of free cloud storage provided by Google. Though, you can also access 100GB of free cloud storage, although after two years you’ll have to pay for it. On the contrary, the Windows laptop Acer Aspire V3 has 500GB on the hard drive, and additional 15GB of OneDrive storage.
- For casual users and non-professional graphic designers Chrome OS will do just fine, but if you’re a pro – a Windows or Apple iOS laptop is a must, especially considering the fact that you need to keep tons of photos and videos on your hard drive.
Core i5 vs Core i7
- ￼Hyper-Threading Technology exists on both Core i5 and Core i7. Hyper-Threading Technology beefs up your laptop’s performance during heavy work, which means if you’re running several applications at the same time, i.e. uploading the files to cloud storage while working in Photoshop (or Sony Vegas), thanks to Hyper-Threading Technology you get a better and faster performance from the laptop.
- While Core i5 can easily put up with you using several applications simultaneously without any glitches, lagging, crashing or freezing, Core i7 offers even faster and more powerful experience. Core i7 is built for graphic design, which demands your laptop to be able to perform well at all times.
- Therefore, Core i7 are the best CPUs available as they do an outstanding job in terms of speed, graphics, color-accuracy and overall performance. So if you’re a professional graphic designer, Core i7 will never let you down.
Top 3 Best Laptop for Graphic Design Reviews
Aspire V17, which Acer proudly calls “the beast” (and we agree with it), offers a robust performance in terms of power, productivity and speed. With its large high-quality screen of 17.3 inches and Core i7 processor it is simply the best laptop for graphic design available.
Acer Aspire V17 Nitro excels at every single aspect of graphic design, which turns your work into a joyful experience. The perfect thing for graphic designers is that the laptop has Full HD IPS Display, which offers bright colors and super-detailed imagery from all angles.
Very extraordinary, with its high octane performance and outstanding visual details, Aspire V17 has one little surprise for you (as if the things mentioned above weren’t enough).
If you’re a night owl and work at night, Acer offers you a red-lighted keyboard, which makes the laptop enjoyable to use and work with.
Portable and lightweight laptop, Lenovo Z70 is a combination of Core i7 processor and discrete NVIDIA graphics.
The laptop has a large anti-glare display, which will come in handy for graphic designers as it allows you to enjoy Full HD resolution even in bright sunshine.
Lenovo Z70 comes in ebony black, has a pleasant tactile feel, offers you lots of storage on the hard drive (1000GB), high RAM, stunning graphics, a powerful processor and a large screen.
Graphic designers will also benefit from the long-running durability of the Lenovo Z70’s battery. The laptop uses advanced energy-saving technology, thus allowing you to work with media for longer periods of time.
With its NVIDIA GeForce 840M graphics, the Z70 is awesome for browsing the web, streaming HD videos and, of course, photo-video editing.
Apple MacBook Pro can truly withstand the test of time. The Retina display is just incredible: the viewing angles are stunning and the screen is bright. It’s like it was built especially for graphic designing.
MacBook Pro is powerful, functional, speedy, innovative and does a great job at handling heavy multitasking.
The design, creativity and productivity of MacBook Pro have been taken to a new level. In order to make it a thin laptop with a long-running battery, Apple removed the optical drive.
However, it does have a few drawbacks. Apple’s famous tendency to push an operating system upgrade almost every year seems to be harming the overall performance of their laptops.
While every new operating systems has its issues, the particular issues that Yosemite has can harm productivity to a vast extent.