Laptops are only useful if they are portable and flexible to your needs. For those that are always on the go, an 11.6” laptop is an ideal choice.
The biggest mistake that buyers make when they opt for this kind of laptop is that they focus too much on the size of the screen and forget all of the other important points.
To guide you through the process we have collected together some of the key points that you should think about before you make your final choice. We have also constructed a list of the best options for 11.6” laptops that are available right now.
Things to Consider
Later on in this guide, we will focus on the ideal uses of the best 11.6” laptop but for now we will focus on some points that you should think about other than the screen.
- Thickness and Weight. While all of the laptops on our list may be the same size when it comes to their screen they differ greatly in other ways. On our list, we have included the weight of each of the products so you will be able to see exactly which ones are less portable. Choosing between these models all comes down to how mobile you intend to be with the laptop.
- Specs Are Everything. You may be searching for a laptop by the size of the screen but this does not mean that you should completely forget about the other aspects of the laptop. You should definitely keep the following in mind:
- CPU. This is the processing power of the laptop and generally the cheaper the laptop the lower performance the CPU will provide.
- RAM. The ideal amount is 4GB but most day-to-day activities can be carried out comfortably with 2GB of RAM.
- Hard Drive. This is up to each individual’s personal use. If you will be storing a huge amount of data on your laptop you should opt for the best and biggest hard drive that you can afford.
Top Six 11.6″ Laptops Comparison Guide
|1. Lenovo - IdeaPad 100s 11.6" Laptop||2.8lbs||$$||4.1|
|2. HP Stream 11.6 inch Laptop||2.8lbs||$$||4.1|
|3. ASUS X205 11.6 Inch Laptop||2.2lbs||$$||3.9|
|4. Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 2-in-1 Convertible||3.3lbs||$$$$||3.9|
|5. Asus Transformer Book 11.6" 2In1 Touch Laptop||4.8lbs||$$$||3.7|
|6. Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series||3.07lbs||$$$$||3.6|
Advice for Choosing the Perfect 11.6″ Laptop
It may seem like a strange moment to consider this but really the main thing that you should think about before you choose one of the laptops on our list is whether or not you should really be opting for one with this size screen.
- You Should Opt for an 11.6-Inch Screen If You:
- Want to have a highly mobile laptop that is easy to transport,
- Will be using the laptop to carry out basic writing work,
- Will be browsing the Internet on the laptop.
- You Should Opt for a Larger Screen If You:
- Are not going to be moving the laptop around on a regular basis,
- Need more power to play high-resolution games,
- Work in a field that requires several windows or applications being open at one time.
Top 3 Best 11.6″ Laptop Reviews
The Lenovo IdeaPad 100s is a powerful machine that packs a lot of usefulness and power into a smaller package. This laptop comes with excellent battery life and has Windows 10 already installed.
The startup is quick, it has all of the USB ports you could need and the overall machine works really well. All of these features mean that the laptop is perfect for students to take to class and to do the bulk of their homework and essays.
It should be noted that the touchpad is very sensitive which might take some time to get used to.
One of the aspects that make the HP Stream the best 11.6” laptop is the fact that it is so inexpensive without compromising too many features and add-ons that you would expect from your average HP.
This machine is great for home business work as well as working on the go. Its lightweight nature and beautiful color are also incredibly impressive.
You will not just be impressed with the way that this laptop feels, but the way that it works too. It is speedy when it comes to carrying out any process.
The ASUS X205 is a fast machine that works really well when you consider it can run Microsoft Office and other essential programs without the high price tag of other models.
The screen is incredibly clear and offers high-quality images with a variety of brightness settings. The touchpad is a bit sensitive but can be adjusted for each user.
The keyboard, however, is one of the most impressive of a laptop this size as it is not cut short or crammed into a space that is too small.
The only possible drawback of this model is that the storage might not be enough for all users, especially those working on papers and a lot of different projects. This is easily solved, however, with an external hard drive.